[net.micro.mac] Is apple falling apart?

DMB@PSUVMA.BITNET (10/20/86)

Please tell me i didn't see this,

      Apple is advertising in MacTutor for Hired Help?

Pinch me i must be dreaming.

                                 dave

werner@ut-ngp.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (10/21/86)

In article <7960DMB@PSUVMA>, DMB@PSUVMA.BITNET writes:
> Please tell me i didn't see this,
>
>       Apple is advertising in MacTutor for Hired Help?
>
> Pinch me i must be dreaming.
>
>                                  dave

I heard tonight that Apple has serious problems keeping their experienced
soft-heads and that ResEdit, in particular, is in deep trouble.  So what
else is new .....  and, no doubt, it is a lot more fun to write new and
innovative software from scratch rather than maintaining existing Mac-code...
there certainly is no fame and glory there, but it's a living and should
be a worthwhile experience for "new kids on the block".  However, there is
no doubt in my mind that Apple (and all "the rest of us") will suffer from
the exodus of old hands from Apple ...

PS: this is only a worthless rumor and speculation and does not deserve
	more than a shrug of your shoulders and an "oh, yearhhh?!"

joel@gould9.UUCP (Joel West) (10/22/86)

In article <4181@ut-ngp.UUCP>, werner@ut-ngp.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) writes:
> I heard tonight that Apple has serious problems keeping their experienced
> soft-heads and that ResEdit, in particular, is in deep trouble.  So what
> else is new .....  and, no doubt, it is a lot more fun to write new and
> innovative software from scratch rather than maintaining existing Mac-code...

I would love to try to maintain ResEdit for a year or two, if anyone
out there is listening.... :-)
--
	Joel West			     MCI Mail: 282-8879
	Western Software Technology, POB 2733, Vista, CA  92083

michael@apple.UUCP (Michael Deux) (10/28/86)

In article <4181@ut-ngp.UUCP> werner@ut-ngp.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) writes:
>In article <7960DMB@PSUVMA>, DMB@PSUVMA.BITNET writes:
>> Please tell me i didn't see this,
>>
>>       Apple is advertising in MacTutor for Hired Help?
>>
>> Pinch me i must be dreaming.
>
>I heard tonight that Apple has serious problems keeping their experienced
>soft-heads and
[...]
>However, there is
>no doubt in my mind that Apple (and all "the rest of us") will suffer from
>the exodus of old hands from Apple ...
>
>PS: this is only a worthless rumor and speculation and does not deserve
>	more than a shrug of your shoulders and an "oh, yearhhh?!"

I have seen no 'exodus of old hands'.  Turnover has looked rather light
to me...  but what do you expect from 'worthles rumor and speculation'.

--

Michael Deux  apple!michael

'Things are not always as simple as you might think ...'