[net.micro.mac] WANTED: LaserKey and RamStart 1.3

herbw@midas.UUCP (Herb Weiner) (10/22/86)

--------

A week or two ago, I saw mention on one of the newsgroups (I believe it was
mod.mac) of two programs of interest.  I waited patiently for them to appear
in mod.mac.binaries or net.sources.mac, to no avail.  Our news software was
broken for a short time, so perhaps I missed them (if so, would someone please
send them directly to me?), otherwise, would someone please post them.  The
programs in question are:

* LaserKey (FKEY-LASER-SCREENDUMP.HQX?), a replacement for the Apple-supplied
  Function Key 4, except that it works with the LaserWriter as well as the
  ImageWriter.

* RamStart version 1.3 (RAMSTART-HFS-13.HQX?), a newer version than version
  1.23, which is the newest I have.

* While I'm soliciting these, could someone please post the newest version
  of Kermit -- I believe this is 0.8(36).  I requested a copy a while ago,
  but got no response.  The newest version I have is 0.8(33).

Thanks.
                           -- Herb Weiner (...!tektronix!midas!herbw)

werner@ut-ngp.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (11/05/86)

In article <785@midas.UUCP>, herbw@midas.UUCP (Herb Weiner) writes:

> ........., would someone please post them.  The
> programs in question are:

> * LaserKey (FKEY-LASER-SCREENDUMP.HQX?), a replacement for the Apple-supplied

> * RamStart version 1.3 (RAMSTART-HFS-13.HQX?), a newer version than version

> * While I'm soliciting these, could someone please post the newest version
>   of Kermit -- I believe this is 0.8(36).  I requested a copy a while ago,
>   but got no response.  The newest version I have is 0.8(33).

It takes someone that has access to both nets to do the posting, of course.
so if someone with only USENET access keeps book of the announcements in
INFO-MAC (alias mod.mac) and compares it with what has been posted already
in the USENET sources and binary groups and sends me the list of what needs
forwarding, I'll do that.  But I'm not motivated to do both book-keeping and
forwarding ....(-:

I'll not post the items requested above to avoid that I duplicate the effort
of someone else.  Of course, with the migration to mainly moderated groups
it may be limited what I can do.  Maybe I can acquire the authority to post
to the moderated group rather than incurring another delay by having to
mail the stuff to the moderator elsewhwere .... somebody care to tell me where
I need to apply for that authority?

	Cheers,		---Werner