[net.micro.mac] MacWorks

richa@tekred.UUCP (Rich Amber ) (11/03/86)

I have a package called MacWorks for my Lisa 2/5 (LisaSys3.0),
but some dipstick trashed the MacWorks initialization disk.
I called my friendly neighborhood computer store to see if I
could get the disk replaced. They tell me that APPLE NO LONGER
SELLS MACWORKS! What?!? Who is jerking who here?

Does anyone out there have a MacWorks disk they want to sell?
Apple, if you're listening, what will you charge to replace the
missing info on this disk? If it doesn't work like a Mac, I have
a $13k piece of junk on my desk.

Trade it in? Yeah, great... how many Mac+s can I get for a Lisa?

Anyone with info to solve this problem: HELP!

Thanks,
       Rich Amber

jimd@frog.UUCP (Jim Damoulakis) (11/06/86)

In article <825@tekred.UUCP> richa@tekred.UUCP (Rich Amber ) writes:
>I have a package called MacWorks for my Lisa 2/5 (LisaSys3.0),
>but some dipstick trashed the MacWorks initialization disk.
>I called my friendly neighborhood computer store to see if I
>could get the disk replaced. They tell me that APPLE NO LONGER
>SELLS MACWORKS! What?!? Who is jerking who here?

What your dealer SHOULD have done was to provide you with a
software exchange authorization card (This is not exactly the
correct name, I can't remember what Apple calls it).  You would
then simply fill out the card (name, address, etc.) and send it,
along with your defective disk to the address indicated on the
card.  After a few weeks (hopefully) you would then receive a
replacement disk at no charge.

Basically Apple's policy for the past few years has been to replace
defective disks for free.  Unfortunately many dealers are too lazy
(dumb) to check their Apple Service Procedures Binder to find this
info.

I would suggest talking to the service dept. manager at your dealer or
finding another dealer.

Hope this helps a little.

Jim Damoulakis