[mod.std.c] mod.std.c Digest V4#20

osd7@homxa.UUCP (Orlando Sotomayor-Diaz) (03/28/85)

From: Orlando Sotomayor-Diaz (The Moderator) <cbosgd!std-c>

mod.std.c Digest            Wed, 27 Mar 85       Volume 4 : Issue  20

Today's Topics:
                    ftell/lseek is a magic cookie?
                       RAD50 (for trivia fans)
                         time for new topics

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 85 03:32 EST
From: Paul Schauble <ucbvax!Schauble@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA>
Subject: ftell/lseek is a magic cookie?
To: cbosgd!std-c@BERKELEY

If you are not supposed to know what the position given to lseek is,
what is the procedure for locating a record in a fixed length record
file.  That is, what is the equivalent of

          long whereis

          whereis = record_number * record_size;

          lseek ( , whereis, ...);

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 25 Mar 85 21:03:03 est
From: seismo!hadron!jsdy (Joseph S. D. Yao)
Subject: RAD50 (for trivia fans)
To: std-c@cbosgd.ATT.UUCP

I have been reminded that, for rad-50, one only uses 3 chars
at a time and fits them into a 16-bit word.  *sigh*

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{ARPA,UUCP}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 27 Mar 85 12:48:00 est
From: cbosgd!std-c (The Moderator)
Subject: time for new topics
To: osd7

OK, we are running out of things to say about ftell, etc.
Please send new material.

		The Moderator

End of mod.std.c Digest - Wed, 27 Mar 85 12:49:40 EST
USENET -> posting only through cbosgd!std-c.
ARPA -> ... through cbosgd!std-c@BERKELEY.ARPA (NOT to INFO-C)
In all cases, you may also reply to the author(s) above.