[mod.std.mumps] Ansi MUMPS discussions V1 #1

hokey@plus5.UUCP (Hokey) (09/26/84)

From: Hokey (The Moderator) <hokey@plus5.UUCP>

Ansi MUMPS discussions     Tuesday, 25 Sep 1984         Volume 1 : Issue 1

Today's Topics:
			Welcome to mod.std.mumps

Date: Tue, 25 Sep 84 22:55 CDT
From: hokey@plus5.UUCP (ihnp4!plus5!hokey)
Subject: Welcome to mod.std.mumps

I have taken the liberty of following the format of many of the fa.all
digests for this group.  If the rest of the moderators decide to change
formats I will probably follow suit.

After some discussion, the decision to create moderated newsgroups for
several ANSI standards groups has been made.  This newsgroup is for topics
of interest to ANSI X11.1, the Mumps Development Committee.  For what it
is worth, I am a voting member of the committee, and am moderating the
newsgroup because the Secretary (Thomas Salander at Johns Hopkins) does
not yet have access to the net.

I will try to serve as a general reference and information supplier
regarding Standard MUMPS.  If there is minimal activity in this group
I will probably start posting ideas for discussion.

Until Tom Munnecke at the VA in Loma Linda finished his SMTP mail system
under Mumps and has remote mail working better, there will probably be
less access to this newsgroup than all would like.  He tells me the
project is moving along and I hope to have a tape of his software within
a week or two.  At that time, an interface between netnews and his mail
system will be written.  This will provide easy access to this newsgroup
by all Mumps users.

End of Ansi MUMPS discussions

--
Hokey           ..ihnp4!plus5!hokey