[net.sources.bugs] Need cpio.c source

david@ukma.UUCP (David Herron, NPR Lover) (05/04/85)

In article <219@phri.UUCP>, roy@phri.UUCP (Roy Smith) writes:
> > First, if the person has a "release tape" in CPIO format, I'd think that
> > they have a System V release tape, and just don't know how to extract
> > cpio from the boot block.
> 	The bottom line is that I have a program which reads cpio tapes
> which I wrote myself working only from the documentation (that makes it
> public domain, yes?).  If anybody wants it, it's yours for the asking.
> Given sufficient interest, I'll post it to the net.  I'll hold off a couple
> of days on answering requests for it to give anybody who is knowledgeable
> about licensing (Mark Horton?) to tell me I'm not allowed to do this.

It was that "root@bostonu.csnet" guy, except he's changed his address
to something that escapes me for the moment.  (bs-cs???)

Don't y'all read the net?  :-)
--
--- David Herron
--- ARPA-> ukma!david<@ANL-MCS> or david%ukma.uucp@anl-mcs.arpa

	"The home of poly-unsaturated thinking".

root@bu-cs.UUCP (Barry Shein) (05/08/85)

>It was that "root@bostonu.csnet" guy, except he's changed his address
>to something that escapes me for the moment.  (bs-cs???)

Haruummph...

	-Barry Shein, Boston University (root@bu-cs.csnet)

..It doesn't matter what they say about you, as long as they spell the
name right...[ref? A Star is Born or some old movie I think]