[net.sources.bugs] Possible bug in "rman".

gj@bubba.UUCP (09/24/85)

Is the sense of the '-k' and '-f' flags in 'rman' reversed with respect
to 'man' or am I missing something?

--

George Jenkins, COSI Texas, Inc., 4412 Spicewood Springs #801, Austin TX
78759 USA

uucp: {ihnp4,seismo,ctvax}!ut-sally!cositex!bubba!gj
at&t: (512) 345-2780

broome@ucbvax.ARPA (Jonathan C. Broome) (09/27/85)

In article <150@bubba.UUCP> gj@bubba.UUCP writes:
>Is the sense of the '-k' and '-f' flags in 'rman' reversed with respect
>to 'man' or am I missing something?

They're right as far as I can tell, at least compared to the standard Berkeley
'man'.  The '-f ' flag in man is the same as 'apropos', and the '-k' is the
same as 'whatis'.  If you get these confused, just use the '-a' and '-w' flags
to rman, they're easier to remember (that's why I added them).

Jonathan C. Broome       University of California, Berkeley

          UUCP    ...!ucbvax!broome
          ARPA    broome@ucbvax.ARPA

broome@ucbvax.ARPA (Jonathan C. Broome) (09/28/85)

Oops, I goofed.  Yes, the flags are indeed transposed compared to the
standard man.  And I even checked to make sure I was right.  Turns out I
checked on a machine with "rman" installed as ucb/man.  Time to send
out a "cancel" message...

--- Jonathan Broome