[net.sources.bugs] Zork source wanted.

warren@pluto.UUCP (Warren Burstein) (11/03/85)

In article <2690@brl-tgr.ARPA>, gwyn@brl-tgr.ARPA (Doug Gwyn <gwyn>) writes:
> Zork source is available (under the name DUNGEON) through DECUS.
> The database file might be encrypted and in DEC Fortran binary
> format, but that's easy enough to fix.

I haven't seen the DECUS distribution, but I am under the impression that
what DECUS has is idential to the Zork that floats around on Vaxen which
comes in object format with a few lines of c code that do nothing interesting.
I think the people who wrote it were quite shrewd in distributing it free
on big computers and then selling it on micros.

If I'm wrong, someone correct me and tell me how to get the source.