[net.sources.bugs] Beta test sites wanted

edward@ukecc.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (11/10/85)

In article <196@hoqam.UUCP>, twb@hoqam.UUCP (BEATTIE) writes:

> > 	I am looking for other System V sites to assist me in
> > adapting a program of mine to other SysV machines. It is a
> > System V version of the Berkeley 'talk' (two-way simultaneous
> > conversation) program.
>
> Before this continues please explain how this is different from
> write(1)??

	For those who are unfamiliar with talk(1). It is a screen-
oriented conversation program. The screen is divided in half with
your words in one half and your opponent's words in the other. talk
uses System V's Interprocess Communication facilites to exchange
the data rather than just writing to the other person's tty.

--
Edward C. Bennett

UUCP: ihnp4!cbosgd!ukma!ukecc!edward

/* A charter member of the Scooter bunch */

"Goodnight M.A."