[net.sources.bugs] multi-player unix games

rubin@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Mike Rubin) (05/09/86)

> 	I think Sun has a dog fight program which runs on a cluster
> of networked Sun workstations.  You can choose any plane from a
> WWI tri-plane to an F-16.
You're probably thinking of the flight simulator/dogfight program that
runs on Silicon Graphics IRIS workstations.  I'm told that at trade
shows the SGI salesmen just bring in two machines, start up dogfight,
and stand out of the way of the crowds.

seifert@hammer.UUCP (Snoopy) (05/16/86)

In article <4936@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> rubin@topaz.UUCP writes:
>> 	I think Sun has a dog fight program which runs on a cluster
>> of networked Sun workstations.  You can choose any plane from a
>> WWI tri-plane to an F-16.
>You're probably thinking of the flight simulator/dogfight program that
>runs on Silicon Graphics IRIS workstations.  I'm told that at trade
>shows the SGI salesmen just bring in two machines, start up dogfight,
>and stand out of the way of the crowds.

Which raises the question: is there a flight simulator available
which runs under Unix either in the public domain or cheap?

Snoopy
tektronix!tekecs!doghouse.TEK!snoopy