[net.sources.bugs] hershey fonts -> bitmap ?

phil@rice.EDU (William LeFebvre) (09/10/86)

In article <372@enmasse.UUCP>, guy@enmasse.UUCP (One Hip Dude) writes:
> Has anyone produced a filter that converts the Hershey
> fonts from the vector format to a bitmap representation?
>
> If so, I'd appreciate hearing from you.  Thanks.

Yes, I wrote such a beast awhile back.  It converts straight from the
Hershey vector form into a "vfont" format (a la 4.x BSD), by using
a symmetric DDA algorithm to draw the lines (pen shape is specifiable,
too).  If there is sufficient interest, I will post it to mod.sources.
Even if there isn't, I may post it anyway.

There is only one problem:  you have to sign a license agreement in
order to get the tape that contains the vector form.  I'll have to
read it closely to see if I would be violating it by posting source
that understands how to read it.

Send me mail (phil@Rice.edu) if you are interested.

--
			William LeFebvre