[net.sources.bugs] Help : access to BITNET and ARPA-Net via UUCP net?

werner@ut-ngp.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (10/20/86)

[ a lead to where you can find some answers ......]

In article <610004@hpsrla.HP.COM>, tiwary@hpsrla.HP.COM (Ashutosh Tiwary) writes

From: edelheit@MITRE-GATEWAY.ARPA
(20 lines) More? [ynq]
I have often wondered how do I address a net note to someone in a different
mail domain than mine.  Well, thanks to the Oct. 1986 issue of the
Communications of the ACM, I have the answer.  On pages 932-971,
John Quarterman & Josiah Hoskins published an article on "Notable
Computer Networks".  While it probably won't be a best seller, one of the
best parts is Table III, Address Formats and Gateways.  (The table is
found on page 940).  The table provides a 10 domain matrix of how to
address mail from one domain to another.  The ten domains listed are:

ARPA, CSNET, MAILNET, JANET, EAN, COSAC, BITNET, ACSNET, UUCP & JUNET.

[ the above was posted just this week in net.micro.cpm. ]