[net.sources.bugs] QEDIT.arc 3 of 3

kaye@houxa.UUCP (01/13/87)

has anybody been able to create the qedit.arc successfully?
when i combine the three parts and attempt to uudecode, i
get a "no end line" error message.  if i try to put an
end line in and retry the uudecode, i get a "short file"
error.  am i doing something wrong or should the archive
be reposted?
                    michael kaye
                    ihnp4!houxm!houxa!kaye

gmd1@ihlpf.UUCP (01/14/87)

> has anybody been able to create the qedit.arc successfully?
> when i combine the three parts and attempt to uudecode, i
> get a "no end line" error message.  if i try to put an
> end line in and retry the uudecode, i get a "short file"
> error.  am i doing something wrong or should the archive
> be reposted?
>                     michael kaye
>                     ihnp4!houxm!houxa!kaye

I too had problems along the lines you reported.  Just by accident
I noticed the first few lines of parts 2 and 3 looked similar.  On
further checking I found they are identical (except for the headers
of course).  As far as I can tell, parts 1 and 2 are OK.  The author
accidentally transmitted part 2 again as part 3.  I've sent him mail
to this affect and asked him to post the real part 3.  Hopefully it
or this article will reach him.

Greg Doughty
ihnp4!ihlpf!gmd1

ugtony@sunybcs.UUCP (01/15/87)

In article <239@houxa.UUCP> kaye@houxa.UUCP writes:
>has anybody been able to create the qedit.arc successfully?
>when i combine the three parts and attempt to uudecode, i
>get a "no end line" error message.  if i try to put an
>end line in and retry the uudecode, i get a "short file"
>error.  am i doing something wrong or should the archive
>be reposted?
>                    michael kaye
>                    ihnp4!houxm!houxa!kaye

I'm having the same problem...

						Hang tuff,
						Tony

	"Sometimes a cigar is just a good smoke." -- S. Freud
UUCP   : {cmcl2,hao,harpo}!seismo!rochester!rocksvax!sunybcs!ugtony    |
         ...{allegra,decvax,watmath}!sunybcs!ugtony                    |
CSNET  :  ugtony@buffalo                                               |
ARPA   :  ugtony%buffalo@csnet-relay                                   |
BITNET :  ugtony@sunybcs                                               |

ee162fbh@sdcc7.ucsd.EDU (Waiting) (01/15/87)

In article <239@houxa.UUCP> kaye@houxa.UUCP writes:
>has anybody been able to create the qedit.arc successfully?
>.....  am i doing something wrong or should the archive
>be reposted?
>                    michael kaye
>                    ihnp4!houxm!houxa!kaye

No, you are not doing anything wrong.  The third file got cut off
and so the arc will not complete.  The six files needed for qedit
that were originally in the arced file have since been reposted in
seven different files.  Please see net.sources.

Robin Smith

ssl@ptsfa.UUCP (Sam Lok) (01/16/87)

In article <855@sdcc7.ucsd.EDU> ee162fbh@sdcc7.ucsd.edu.UUCP (Waiting) writes:
>...  The six files needed for qedit
>that were originally in the arced file have since been reposted in
>seven different files.  Please see net.sources.

They don't work either.  The resulting q.com is way too small for what
it's supposed to be able to do.  And the qconfg.com gave me a divide
overflow on my XT.  I sent a message to the author regarding this already!

Sam Lok		San Francisco		{ihnp4,pyramid,qantel}!ptsfa!ssl
				|| To err is human, to really foul things
Disclaimer!?  WHAT disclaimer?	|| up requires super-user privilege!