[net.sources.bugs] Sc 3.1

pinkas@mipos3.UUCP (01/30/87)

I copied the sources to SC 3.1 recently and built it on our Ultrix systems.
It compiled without a hitch, but when I ran it, I got an interesting error.
The column numbers ran in reverse vidoe diagonally across the screen from
the upper left corner.  When they reached the right side of the screen,
they wrapped around and continued going diagonally.  Does anyone know where
the display code is so that I can start to track it down?  Or better (for
me), does anyone have a fix already?  I am running Ultrix 32-w if that
maeks any difference.

-Israel
UUCP:	{amdcad,decwrl,hplabs,oliveb,pur-ee,qantel}!intelca!mipos3!pinkas
ARPA:	pinkas%mipos3.intel.com@relay.cs.net
CSNET:	pinkas%mipos3.intel.com

kaufman@Shasta.UUCP (01/31/87)

In article <393@mipos3.UUCP> pinkas@mipos3.UUCP (Israel Pinkas) writes:
>I copied the sources to SC 3.1 recently and built it on our Ultrix systems.
>It compiled without a hitch, but when I ran it, I got an interesting error.
>The column numbers ran in reverse vidoe diagonally across the screen from
>the upper left corner...

Gee, I thought it was just me.  The problem is that 'curses' is not prepared
to handle the "delay" count field of such term strings as SO and SE, so it
just sends them to the terminal, thus getting the columns screwed up.  I
don't have the source to 'curses', so I hacked the following changes
into main:

	if (SO) {while (isdigit(*SO)) SO++;}
	etc. for other strings.

'isdigit' is in <ctype.h>

nerd@percival.UUCP (Michael Galassi) (02/01/87)

In article <393@mipos3.UUCP> pinkas@mipos3.UUCP (Israel Pinkas) writes:
>The column numbers ran in reverse vidoe diagonally across the screen from
>the upper left corner.  When they reached the right side of the screen,

My experience is that you have to fix your curses.h file, this is true for
any ultrix, gneric 4.2 and sun 3.0, others too maybe.  4.3 seems to do things
right here so you might look there for the needed corrections.
-michael
--
If my employer knew my opinions he would probably look for another engineer.

	Michael Galassi, Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR
	..!{ucbvax,ihnp4,seismo}!tektronix!reed!percival!nerd

campbell@maynard.BSW.COM (Larry Campbell) (02/01/87)

Is SC 3.1 a newer version of VC/SC?  We got VC 2.1 a while back, but
never saw SC 3.1 (our feed's feed was very sick for a week or so).

If SC 3.1 is related to VC 2.1, could someone nearby who has a copy
contact me?  (Please contact me first, I don't want to get ten copies
mailed to me!)

--
Larry Campbell                                The Boston Software Works, Inc.
Internet: campbell@maynard.uucp             120 Fulton Street, Boston MA 02109