[net.music] 1.5 out of three ain't bad vs. good

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (11/06/85)

> From: bill tomczak@harvard.{HARVARD.EDU, UUCP}

> So what about your postings Doug?  Intelligent?  Maybe.  Creative?  Yes,
> often in a bizarre fashion.  Compassionate?  I haven't done a careful
> study, but my impressions are of practically none.  Well, I suppose
> 1.5 out of three isn't so bad.

Well, it depends on what one means by "compassionate".  Perhaps "caring"
would be a better word.  Just because I think someone's a stupid
ignorant twit and say so, doesn't mean I don't care about them.  I want
them to get better.  Of course one might say that this is similar to
what a Fundamentalist Christian might say if he had his way and
homosexuals were executed.  But I don't want to kill anyone, really.
Nor force anyone to do anything (except maybe force the Fundamentalist
Christians who want to execute homosexuals into someplace where the
world is safe from them).

Maybe I want to intimidate people into believing me, but no one's
perfect....

> And just let harmful music overrun the world?

> Poor Dougie!  Musical heathens/barbarians are overrunning the world and
> KB is our last hope! :-)

Well, there are some others too, you know....

> (Or should I take everything you write liberally sprinkled with
> invisible :-)s.  How serious are you when you make statements like
> this?)

Please do!  But only in the appropriate places [   ].  You may insert an
invisible ":-)" in the brackets [   ].

> However, you're making all of us Christians listen to this vileness and it's
> bad for my soul, the soul of the world and your own soul. :-)  That's how
> I read one of your postings regarding the badness of some artists.

Well why can't I be an evangelist for my system of morals?  These pesky
Christians to it to me all the time.  Not to mention all the bad vibes
that radiate from Madonna, Lionel Richie, etc. "music".  Should I just
let the world become overrun by a system of morals that is completely
wrong?

		"I caught a glimpse of a god all shining and bright"

		 Doug Alan
		  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

tomczak@harvard.ARPA (Bill Tomczak) (11/07/85)

In article <330@mit-eddie.UUCP> nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) writes:

>Maybe I want to intimidate people into believing me, but no one's
>perfect....

yup, that's what it looks like.  (Hey!  I thought KB was perfect!)

>> Poor Dougie!  Musical heathens/barbarians are overrunning the world and
>> KB is our last hope! :-)
>
>Well, there are some others too, you know....

Oy!
(What is this?  I'm not even Jewish!)

>Well why can't I be an evangelist for my system of morals?  These pesky
>Christians to it to me all the time.  Not to mention all the bad vibes
>that radiate from Madonna, Lionel Richie, etc. "music".  Should I just
>let the world become overrun by a system of morals that is completely
>wrong?

By using the very methods that make the others wrong?

bt (tomczak@harvard.{HARVARD.EDU, UUCP}