[net.wanted.sources] Looking for digital filtering software

karsh@geowhiz.UUCP (Bruce Karsh) (05/23/85)

Does anybody know where to get *good* digital filtering
software.  We are looking for both programs and
subroutines.

  We are interested in:

  1) Correctness
  2) Generality
  3) Good Unix interface
  4) Quantity
  5) Speed

  in that order.

We are interested in both purchasable stuff as well as freeware.

We already have:

  1) IEEE signal processing package,
  2) ILS (Interactive Laboratory System),
  3) SAC (Seismic Analysis Code).

These seem pretty old-fashioned.  We are looking for something more
modular and more in the spirit of Unix.

Thanks in advance,

                    Bruce Karsh

--
Bruce Karsh                           |
U. Wisc. Dept. Geology and Geophysics |

mark@tove.UUCP (Mark Weiser) (05/24/85)

In article <189@geowhiz.UUCP> karsh@geowhiz.UUCP (Bruce Karsh) writes:
>Does anybody know where to get *good* digital filtering
>software.  We are looking for both programs and
>subroutines.
>Bruce Karsh                           |
>U. Wisc. Dept. Geology and Geophysics |
>1215 W Dayton, Madison, WI 53706      | This space for rent.
>(608) 262-1697                        |
>{ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!geowhiz!karsh    |

The computer vision lab at Maryland has a large package of image
processing routines that they give away for a tape fee.
Try mail to seismo!umcp-cs!cvl!staff, or staff@cvl.
	-mark
--
Spoken: Mark Weiser 	ARPA:	mark@maryland	Phone: +1-301-454-7817