[net.wanted.sources] KERMIT in Turbo PAscal request.

wei@princeton.UUCP (P Wei) (10/16/85)

I ran into a bulletin board on the ibm 3081 main frame in our school.
There is a note from Victor Lee at Queen's Univ, Kingston, Canada
(613-547-6115), saying that he has writen a Kermit program with vtxxx
and TK4010 terminal emulations using Turbo pascal.
This is great in the sense that I can understand the 'details' of Kermit
protocol more easily in PASCAL than in ASSEMBLY language.
has any one heard about this ? Has any one known if he is willing to
distribute the program in the public domain ? If so , has any one got it ?
Is it possible for you to post it in the net ?
HP Wei

halff@utah-cs.UUCP (Henry M. Halff) (10/17/85)

> From wei@princeton.UUCP (P Wei) Tue Oct 15 19:23:04 1985
> From: wei@princeton.UUCP (P Wei)
> Subject: KERMIT in Turbo PAscal request.
>
> I ran into a bulletin board on the ibm 3081 main frame in our school.
> There is a note from Victor Lee at Queen's Univ, Kingston, Canada
> (613-547-6115), saying that he has writen a Kermit program with vtxxx
> and TK4010 terminal emulations using Turbo pascal.
> This is great in the sense that I can understand the 'details' of Kermit
> protocol more easily in PASCAL than in ASSEMBLY language.
> has any one heard about this ? Has any one known if he is willing to
> distribute the program in the public domain ? If so , has any one got it ?
> Is it possible for you to post it in the net ?
> HP Wei

There is a program called PibTerm available on local bulletin boards that
is written in Turbo Pascal and supports KERMIT.  The author, in the
documentation says that he will supply the source code for $12 to cover
media, mailing, and handling.  His address is is:

	Phillip R. Burns
	Vogelback Computing Center
	Nortwestern University
	2129 Sheridan Road
	Evanston, IL 60201

DISCLAIMER:  I am not connected with Mr. Burns or Nortwestern University.
I haven't used PibTerm to any great extent.  Nor have I requested the source
code from Mr. Burns.
--
Henry M. Halff                                       Halff Resources, Inc.
halff@utah-cs.ARPA                 4918 33rd Road, N., Arlington, VA 22207