[net.wanted.sources] Looking For Z80 Assembler

kcarroll@utzoo.UUCP (Kieran A. Carroll) (10/10/85)

*** REPLACE THIS MESS WITH YOUR LINEAGE ***

I am looking for a Z80 Assembler that will run on
a PDP-11/73 Micro computer.  The people at our lab
would like one of these, because we're running a real-time control
experiment that is using a Taurus Lab data-acquisition
computer to control our hardware; the Taurus is connected
to our PDP-11.  The Taurus uses a Z80 for processing.
At the moment, we are reduced to programming the Taurus by
writing programs in Z80 machine language on the PDP,
and downloading them to the Taurus.  Obviously it would
be much nicer if we could use an assembler instead.

Ideally, what we'd like is source code for some fairly
decent Z80 assembler (and disassembler, if available).
The only languages installed on our PDP are Fortran IV
and Macro-11 (the PDP is running RT-11), so any source code
would have to be in one of those languages.  Alternately,
if anyone has such source code in another language that they could
compile on their own PDP-11/73 Micro, that'd work as well.
Other computers that we have access to are a Perkin-Elmer 3250,
and various Apple II's; the PE is much easier to connect to than are
the Apples, so that'd be the third choice for a host for the assembler.

If anyone has any ideas about where I might be able to
find such a thing, please mail me a response, and we'll
see what can be worked out.  Thanks in advance!
--

     Kieran A. Carroll @ U of Toronto Aerospace Institute
     {allegra,ihnp4,linus,decvax}!utzoo!kcarroll

pgydow@sunybcs.UUCP (Bruce Dow) (11/14/85)

In article <6041@utzoo.UUCP> kcarroll@utzoo.UUCP (Kieran A. Carroll) writes:
>*** REPLACE THIS MESS WITH YOUR LINEAGE ***
>
>I am looking for a Z80 Assembler that will run on
>a PDP-11/73 Micro computer.  The people at our lab

decus has a 8080 asembler for rt-11 this should be a subset of the z80
and is probably much better than nothing
                    regards John Dooley
               My apologies for posting this but i have little
               luck with return mailing
                   I Also disclaim everthing (like DEC)