[net.wanted.sources] Comms package

steve@micomvax.UUCP (Steve Grice) (12/19/85)

	Does anyone know of a communications package that would allow
me to do the following:

	Download/upload a file structure from a mini (Vax 11/780, unix 4.1)

     	TO/FROM

	A PC (MS-DOS) of the same file structure

	Ideally the command would be able to run from start to finish with
little or no user intervention.

	Error checking and correction would also be nice.

	If anyone knows of a package or program available with these
features, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you

--

Steve Grice                               "For all you do
...philabs!micomvax!steve                    disk bugs for you"

leach@tolerant.UUCP (Geoff Leach) (12/24/85)

In article <529@micomvax.UUCP> steve@micomva.UUCP (Steve Grice) writes:

>	Does anyone know of a communications package that would allow
>	me to do the following:
>	    Download/upload a file structure from a mini (Vax 11/780, unix 4.1)
>     	    TO/FROM A PC (MS-DOS) of the same file structure

The Tango package from COSI, Inc., 313 N. First Street, Ann Arbor MI 48103,
(313)665-8778, should do the job well.  It does not provide fully
automatic transfer, but is very nicely programmable. Writing a script
to do a recursive transfer ought to pose few problems.

I evaluated this package and found it to be robust.

--
Geoffrey Leach
!ucbvax!tolerant!leach

ins_asac@jhunix.UUCP (Stephan Alexa Cooper) (12/27/85)

>	Does anyone know of a communications package that would allow
>me to do the following:
>	Download/upload a file structure from a mini (Vax 11/780, unix 4.1)
>     	TO/FROM
>	A PC (MS-DOS) of the same file structure
>	Ideally the command would be able to run from start to finish with
>	little or no user intervention.
>	Error checking and correction would also be nice.
>	If anyone knows of a package or program available with these
>	features, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.
>Steve Grice                               "For all you do
>...philabs!micomvax!steve                    disk bugs for you"

I thought Kermit does all of this. Doesn't it?

--

             Steve Cooper
 Johns Hopkins University