[net.wanted.sources] EMACS for HP 9000

dave@lsuc.UUCP (David Sherman) (12/23/85)

A friend of mine who is not on the net runs a HP 9000 running
HP's port of System V UNIX. He's asked me if I know how to get EMACS
for this machine. Can someone give me the appropriate pointers to both
	- the "official" EMACS
and	- the GNU EMACS, if it works, and is portable to the HP 9000

? Thanks.

Dave Sherman
Toronto
--
{  ihnp4!utzoo  pesnta  utcs  hcr  decvax!utcsri  }  !lsuc!dave

ron@brl-sem.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) (12/30/85)

> 	- the "official" EMACS
The Official EMACS is written in TECO macros and I don't know anybody
who is strange enough to try to use such on a UNIX machine.

-Ron

ralphw@ius2.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) (01/02/86)

In article <609@brl-sem.ARPA> ron@brl-sem.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) writes:
>> 	- the "official" EMACS
>The Official EMACS is written in TECO macros and I don't know anybody
>who is strange enough to try to use such on a UNIX machine.

They might be useful on an Apple ][, however, since someone posted a 6502
version of TECO to net.sources.  Has anyone got the TECO macros for emacs that
they could post?  It's mainly for historical reasons that I'd like to try
these, I'd rather run something written in a high-level language.
(I have nothing now, so I don't have much choice.)

--
					- Ralph W. Hyre, Jr.

Internet: ralphw@c.cs.cmu.edu (cmu-cs-c.arpa)	Usenet: ralphw@mit-eddie.uucp
Fido: Ralph Hyre at Net 129, Node 0 (Pitt-Bull) Phone: (412)578-2847,578-3275

fnf@well.UUCP (Fred Fish) (01/05/86)

In article <285@ius2.cs.cmu.edu> ralphw@ius2.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) writes:

>They might be useful on an Apple ][, however, since someone posted a 6502
>version of TECO to net.sources.  Has anyone got the TECO macros for emacs that
>they could post?  It's mainly for historical reasons that I'd like to try

About a year and a half ago, I posted a mini-emacs, written in TECO, to run
on pdp-ll's and vaxes.  It's quite large (distribution that is, the
actual compressed TECO code is only about 4K), so I don't want to post it
again.  But I would be willing to work out another distribution method.

-Fred

Fred Fish  (415) 644-1230 ext 242  ucbvax!unisoft!fnf  well!fnf