[net.music] 1984 net.music Poll Results

haapanen@watdcsu.UUCP (Tom Haapanen [DCS]) (12/09/84)

The following is a summary of results for the poll I posted a few
weeks ago.  The results were obtained by awarding three points for
each first-place vote, two for second and one for third.  Thanks to
all who responded (and don't be surprised by not seeing your favourites
--- there was an amazing number of different votes!)

			\tom haapanen
			watmath!watdcsu!haapanen

Best Album:	1. U2 - The Unforgettable Fire
		2. Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA
		3. Huey Lewis and the News - Sports
		4. Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
		5. The Pretenders - Learning To Crawl
		6. David Gilmour - About Face

Best Single:	1. U2 - Pride (in the Name of Love)
		2. Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart
		3. Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark
		   The Pretenders - Back on the Chain Gang
		5. Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA
		   The Cars - Drive

Best Video:	1. David Bowie - Blue Jean
		2. Van Halen - Hot for the Teacher
		   Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart
		4. ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man
		5. Huey Lewis and the News - Heart of Rock 'n Roll
		6. Huey Lewis and the News - I Want a New Drug

Best Concert:	1. Yes
		2. Bruce Springsteen
		3. Rush
		4. David Gilmour
		5. Grateful Dead
		6. Neil Young

Best Artist:	1. U2
		2. Bruce Springsteen
		3. David Gilmour
		4. David Bowie
		5. Frankie Goes to Hollywood
		6. Talking Heads

[ Now, an extra category, for which all the votes accumulated by that
  artist in all categories were totaled. ]

Overall Champ:	 1. Yes
		 2. U2
		 3. Bruce Springsteen
		 4. Huey Lewis and the News
		 5. David Bowie
		 6. David Gilmour
		 7. Talking Heads
		    The Cars
		 8. The Pretenders
		    ZZ Top
		10. Ultravox

Thanks again to all who sent in their votes!

gregbo@houxm.UUCP (Greg Skinner) (12/15/84)

> From: haapanen@watdcsu.UUCP (Tom Haapanen [DCS])

> Best Single:	1. U2 - Pride (in the Name of Love)
> 		2. Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart
> 		3. Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark
> 		   The Pretenders - Back on the Chain Gang
> 		5. Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA
> 		   The Cars - Drive

"Back on the Chain Gang" came out late in 1982, and was among the most popular
songs of 1983.  Funny that it pops up in a best single of 1984 poll.
--
			Baby tie your hair back in a long white bow ...
			Meet me in the field, behind the dynamo ...

Greg Skinner (gregbo)
{allegra,cbosgd,ihnp4}!houxm!gregbo