[net.wanted.sources] Sysline on an apple ][? Bug with ASCII

gordon@utcs.uucp (Steve Gordon - Erindale) (02/16/86)

Hello,

I have an Apple][+ running ASCII Express. I have a termcap that works fine
for vi, hack, rogue etc.. There is one problem though. The problem is
that when I receive a control-G followed by some text, I lose some of the
text! There seems to be no problem unless it is explicitly sent, by this I
mean echo "<control-G goes here>I do not see all of this echo".

Does anyone else have this problem?
Does anyone have a fix for this problem? (besides buying a "REAL" terminal)

Also:

Does anyone have a method for getting a sysline on an Apple ][+ with ASCII?
(top or bottom line will do)

Thanks in advance

...Steve

PS. I am using an Apple ][+
    ASCII Express
    Videx 80 col. card
    Apple Super Serial Card
    U.S. Robotics 1200 Baud modem

cs2532bn@unmc.UUCP (Mr. Modem) (02/21/86)

In article <> gordon@utcs.uucp (Steve Gordon - Erindale) writes:

>I have an Apple][+ running ASCII Express. I have a termcap that works fine
>for vi, hack, rogue etc.. There is one problem though. The problem is
>that when I receive a control-G followed by some text, I lose some of the
>text! There seems to be no problem unless it is explicitly sent, by this I
>mean echo "<control-G goes here>I do not see all of this echo".
>
>Does anyone else have this problem?
>Does anyone have a fix for this problem? (besides buying a "REAL" terminal)
>
>Also:
>
>Does anyone have a method for getting a sysline on an Apple ][+ with ASCII?
>(top or bottom line will do)
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>...Steve
>
>PS. I am using an Apple ][+
>    ASCII Express
>    Videx 80 col. card
>    Apple Super Serial Card
>    U.S. Robotics 1200 Baud modem

I know that in the install menu, there is a line somewhere that has the
Bell pause time, or some such....it's the thing that's probably set to
100ms.  Try fooling around with that.  In Unix, there is a way to get
the machine to pause, just like you can get it to pause on nl or cr.

Look in the % man termcap to find out what you can about it.

To get the status with AE, you must break out with your terminal escape key
and hit the '!'.  There is no status line.

Stefan Chakerian						 CIS: 74365,231
                 {ucbvax|pur-ee|csu-cs|convex|nmtvax|lanl} unmvax!unmc!cs2532bn

This is my girlfriend:  ~.
Her name is Tilde.

gordon@utcs.uucp (02/24/86)

Well, I have since got the control-G bug fixed; by enabling interrupts (which
I thought were enables on my Super Serial Card).

The help with the SYSLINE I requested was for a Unix Sysline and does not
have anything to do with AE (except for possibly something in install- I
Do not know). The problem is, how do I set the termcap up to tell unix
I have status-line capability?-How can I get AE not to scroll this status
line all over the place?-etc...

Sorry to clutter the net up with clarification...
PLEASE RESPOND THROUGH MAIL...

If anyone is interested, I can mail them the termcap..

Thanks..Steve