[net.wanted.sources] Async Communications for Turbo Pascal

stuart@bcsaic.UUCP (03/04/86)

Does anyone out there in netland have a Turbo Pascal program for setting
up asynchronous communications on an IBM PC?  I am working on a project
which requires that both ports, COM1 and COM2, be opened and operating
concurrently.

Please post to net.sources or reply directly to me at the address below.
Thanks in advance.

--

	Stuart Gove     (206) 763-5383
	Boeing Computer Services

keithe@tekgvs.UUCP (Keith Ericson) (03/08/86)

In article <470@bcsaic.UUCP> stuart@bcsaic.UUCP (stuart gove) writes:

>Does anyone out there in netland have a Turbo Pascal program for setting
>up asynchronous communications on an IBM PC?  I am working on a project
>which requires that both ports, COM1 and COM2, be opened and operating
>concurrently.

In the February '86 edition of "Personal Engineering and Instrumentaion
News" There is an article entitled "Pascall calls to DOS, BIOS
implement RS232 driver" written in Turbo Pascal.

I'm not a Pascal programmer (or much of any other language for that
matter) and I don't have the source in machine readable/transmittable
form. But you can get it from the author (address listed below) for $20
(it's public domain; the $20 looks like a media/time reimbursement).
There is also a note in the article "The listing for ASYNCQC.PAS is
also available through the online section of PE&IN with Videolog" but I
cannot decipher the meaning of the message. Also, PE&IN is on Compuserve.

keith

ASYNCQC.PAS source (on 5.25" IBM-PC disk, $20):

	Quinn-Curtis
	49 Highland Ave.
	Needham MA  02194

Disclaimer: I haven't got the foggiest idea what I'm talking about!!!