[net.wanted.sources] wanted:programs

langbein@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (John E. Langbein) (07/05/86)

Hi...
     I am looking for two programs by Muse software. Since Muse is out
of
business & the software dealers have been no help, I am hoping that
someone may have acess or no how I might be able to get a copy of:
        Form Letter Module
        Address Book
Thanks in advance for those who respond.
                                                John Langbein
                                                topaz!langbein

********* *
    *     *             John Langbein
    *     *             45 Brinckerhoff Ave.
    ***   *             Freehold, N.J.  07728
    *     *
    *     *
    ************        (My Hometown..)
*   *
 ***
Swing Lives On...

bc@cyb-eng.UUCP (07/15/86)

> Hi...
>      I am looking for two programs by Muse software. Since Muse is out
> of
> business & the software dealers have been no help, I am hoping that
> someone may have acess or no how I might be able to get a copy of:
>         Form Letter Module
>         Address Book
> --
>                                                 John Langbein

I know the name Muse as the obsolete name of a multilingual word processing
program for various minicomputers.  The company's name is MARC Software, and
they changed the name of their word processing program several years ago to
WordMARC and have ported it to the PC and elsewhere under that name.

Perhaps this is a different Muse?  Sorry, but I don't have the location of
MARC Software handy.  Good luck.
--
bc				Bill Crews @ NetCor Data International, Inc

..!{seismo,gatech,ihnp4}!ut-sally!cyb-eng!bc  (512) 835-2266

hsu@eneevax.UUCP (07/15/86)

In article <917@cyb-eng.UUCP> bc@cyb-eng.UUCP (Bill Crews) writes:
>> Hi...
>>      I am looking for two programs by Muse software. Since Muse is out
>> of
>> business & the software dealers have been no help, I am hoping that...
>> --
>>                                                 John Langbein
>I know the name Muse as the obsolete name of a multilingual word processing
>program for various minicomputers.  The company's name is MARC Software, and
>they changed the name of their word processing program several years ago to
>WordMARC and have ported it to the PC and elsewhere under that name.
>
>Perhaps this is a different Muse?  Sorry, but I don't have the location of
>MARC Software handy.  Good luck.
>--
>bc				Bill Crews @ NetCor Data International, Inc

Sorry, wrong Muse.  Muse Software was run by one Silas Warner,
originally in Columbia Md and eventually in Baltimore.  Among other
titles they released were `Castle Wolfenstein' and `Robot War'.  Most
of their better work was released by 1982, and they quietly slipped
into oblivion.

-dave
--
David Hsu  (301) 454-1433 || -8798	"It was Dave, not me..honest!" -eneevax
Communication & Signal Processing Lab / Engineering Computer Facility

"Be seeing you..."