[net.wanted.sources] Wanted: Hack for the Apple

langbein@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (John E. Langbein) (08/17/86)

I've enjoyed Hack on Unix, but is their Hack for the Apple 2? How can
I get it? Thanks in advance.
				John Langbein
************ *
    *        *			John E. Langbein
    *        *
    ******   *			45 Brinckerhoff Ave.
    *        *
    *        *			Freehold, N.J.  07728
*   *****************
 ***				(langbein@topaz)

paone@caip.RUTGERS.EDU (Phil Paone) (08/19/86)

Hack cannot be played on a apple due to the small amount of memory. In
addition, I don't even believe that an apple disk could hold the
entire executable. I think 512k is the absolute minimum for the game.
You might try rogue which will fit on an apple.

Phil Paone

ilacqua@bucsb.bu.edu.UUCP (08/25/86)

In article <3092@caip.RUTGERS.EDU> paone@caip.RUTGERS.EDU (Phil Paone) writes:

>Hack cannot be played on a apple due to the small amount of memory. In
>addition, I don't even believe that an apple disk could hold the
>entire executable. I think 512k is the absolute minimum for the game.
>You might try rogue which will fit on an apple.

	It could be done, Apple now has a 800k disk drive for the II's
and you can have 512k easly eunf.

|   See these eyes so green? I can stare for a thousand years...     |
|UUCP:	...!harvard!bu-cs!bucsb!ilacqua                              |
|ARPANET: ilacqua@bucsb.bu.edu                                       |
|CSNET: ilacqua%bucsb@bu-cs      BITNET: engemnc@bostonu             |