[net.wanted.sources] Search terminator in MicroEMACS 3.7

greg@xios.UUCP (Greg Franks) (10/22/86)

Good Day!

Has anyone out in net land implemented the capability of mapping the
terminator (<esc>) in search and replace, and the control characters in
incremental search, in MicroEMACS 3.7? I have set up my terminal as a
vt220, so I am forced to type <ctrl-3> for <esc>.  I would rather define
it to something easier to type (like <function-11>).

Thanks in advance.
  Greg Franks

paul@osu-eddie.UUCP (Paul Placeway) (10/24/86)

In article <340@xios.UUCP> greg@xios.UUCP (Greg Franks) writes:
>Has anyone out in net land implemented the capability of mapping the
>terminator (<esc>) in search and replace, and the control characters in
>incremental search, in MicroEMACS 3.7? ...

Yes, it's quite easy, although in a strange place.  To change the things
in the file search.c, in the routine readpattern(), (in 3.7 NOT i, line 255)
change the line that reads:

<	s = mlreplyt(tpat, tpat, NPAT, 27);  /* Read pattern */

to:

>	s = mlreplyt(tpat, tpat, NPAT, '\n');  /* Read pattern (PWP: was 27) */

in iseach.c, change the #define for IS_QUIT to whatever you like
(0x1B is ESC).

			-- Paul Placeway
			   The Ohio State University CIS-CF
			   paul@ohio-state.arpa (CSNet & ARPA)