[net.math.symbolic] Symbolic package for Sun or 3B2??

km@emory.UUCP (Ken Mandelberg) (10/27/85)

We have just acquired some Sun workstations and AT&T 3B2
computers, and are looking for symbolic math packages for
them. Reduce and Macsyma are the packages that we use on
a Vax. I know that Macsyma is available for the Sun, but
I don't know if Reduce will run on a Sun, or either will
run on a 3B2.

Any information would be helpful.
--
Ken Mandelberg
Emory University

{akgua,sb1,gatech,decvax}!emory!km   USENET
km@emory                      CSNET
km.emory@csnet-relay          ARPANET

abdali@tekchips.UUCP (Kamal Abdali) (10/30/85)

---------------------------

> We have just acquired some Sun workstations and AT&T 3B2
> computers, and are looking for symbolic math packages for
> them. Reduce and Macsyma are the packages that we use on
> a Vax. I know that Macsyma is available for the Sun, but
> I don't know if Reduce will run on a Sun, or either will
> run on a 3B2.

At Tektronix, we ported REDUCE from Portable Standard Lisp to Franz
Lisp.  This version of REDUCE runs under UNIX 4.2 BSD on several
machines.  I believe some people have this version working on Suns.

abc@brl-sem.ARPA (Brint Cooper ) (11/01/85)

In article <327@tekchips.UUCP> abdali@tekchips.UUCP (Kamal Abdali) writes:
>---------------------------
>

>At Tektronix, we ported REDUCE from Portable Standard Lisp to Franz
>Lisp.  This version of REDUCE runs under UNIX 4.2 BSD on several
>machines.  I believe some people have this version working on Suns.

How does one obtain Reduce for 4.2BSD?  Having obtained it, is one free
to port it to other machines on one's local area net?

Brint
	 ARPA:  abc@brl.arpa
	 UUCP:  ...{seismo,decvax,cbosgd}!brl-tgr!abc

		  Dr Brinton Cooper
		  U.S. Army Ballistic Research Laboratory
		  Attn: SLCBR-SECAD (Cooper)
		  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD  21005-5066

Offc:    301 278-6883    AV:  298-6883     FTS: 939-6883
Home:	 301-879-8927