[fa.info-mac] Imagewriter and 50 cycles

info-mac@uw-beaver (info-mac) (07/25/84)

From: Don Johnson <dhj@rice.ARPA>
We have gone over this ground before: the Mac as is can be used in Europe
with a transformer to reduce the line voltage to 110. However, the Imagewriter
cannot be used in Europe at all because of the 50 Hz power. One would have
to be in Europe to purchase the European Imagewriter.

Sorry for the bad news.

	Don Johnson
	dhj@rice

info-mac@uw-beaver (info-mac) (07/26/84)

From: Francesco.Gregoretti@CMU-CS-A
A friend of mine has brougth to Europe for two months his mac and IMAGEWRITER
(both purchased here) and has travelled in Germany, Yugoslavia and Switzerland
creating and PRINTING more than 50 pages of MacWrite/Paint documents.
He told me he had absolutely no problem, except for the fact that he had to
carry with him the 110--> 220 V transformer.
Francesco

Date: 25 July 1984 1327-EDT
From: Francesco Gregoretti at CMU-CS-A
To: Bboard.Maintainer@CMU-CS-A
Subject: Correction to prev. mess.
Attention: macintosh bboard

The transformer was obviously a 110 V <---> 220 V.
Sorry for the previous typo
Francesco