[fa.info-mac] New MacKermit

info-mac@uw-beaver (info-mac) (10/24/84)

From: "Kevin W. Laurent" <KLaurent@DENVER.ARPA>
From the Info-Kermit Digest...
------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 84 21:39:08 edt
From: engel@harvard.ARPA (Stephen Engel)
To: Info-Kermit@CU20B.ARPA
Subject: New release of Macintosh Kermit

Here is the new version of mackermit.  It differs from the old version
in the following ways:

          1) It has debug option which displays the contents
             of each packet until a key is pressed.

          2) It remembers terminal settings.

          3) Pressing a key during transfer causes Mackermit to
             resend the last packet (useful if the packet length
             is distorted during transmission).

Again, I apologize for taking so long on this, and please let me know
how Mackermit is or is not working.

Steve

[Ed. - The new version is in KER:MC1KERMIT.SH, in Unix shell archive format,
accessible via anonymous FTP from CU20B (Internet host [192.5.43.128] for those
who still don't have CU20B in their host tables).  There's no hex file this
time.]

 KLaurent@DENVER
p.s.  Hopefully someone at SUMEX will work their magic and create
a new KERMIT.DL?