[fa.info-mac] minor revisions for macget / macput

info-mac@uw-beaver (info-mac) (11/27/84)

From: Bill Croft <croft@safe>
Dave Johnson (ddj%brown.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa) passes along these
minor revisions to the macget/put programs and their manual pages.  The
revised files are also kept on [SUMEX]<info-mac>.
----
+ diff macput.c- macput.c
4,8c4,10
< It is now compatible with the 0.5 Beta version of MacTerminal, and
< in case you still need to use the -0.15X version, there's the "-o"
< option to provide compatibility.  Some minor bug fixes have been
< made, as well as a couple of changes for portability to non-4.2
< systems.  Please pass any improvements/bug fixes on to me, and
---
> It is compatible with the 1.1 Release version of MacTerminal,
> though in case you still need to use the -0.15X version, there's
> the "-o" option to provide compatibility.  Versions 0.5 and 0.9
> have a bug in the record checksum calculation which will break
> file transfers, so 1.1 is recommended.
>
> Please pass any improvements/bug fixes on to me, and
101c103,105
<  * revised ddj 7/31/84 -- fixed timeout problem in initial handshake
---
>  * revised ddj 7/31/84 -- moved forge_info() call ahead of send_sync()
>  * revised ddj 11/6/84 -- added sleep(5) after send_sync to give mac time to
>  *	turn off xon mode, set up sio chip, and put up progress indicator
183c187
< 		sleep(1);
---
> 		sleep(5);
438c442
< 	ttyfd = fileno(stdin);
---
> 	ttyfd = fileno(stdout);
+ diff macget.c- macget.c
89a90
>  * revised ddj 11/7/84 -- renamed send_sync() -> get_sync()
128c129
< 	if (send_sync() == ACK) {
---
> 	if (get_sync() == ACK) {
269c270
< send_sync()
---
> get_sync()
424c425
< 	ttyfd = fileno(stdin);
---
> 	ttyfd = fileno(stdout);
+ diff macput.1- macput.1
1c1
< .TH MACPUT local "31 July 1984"
---
> .TH MACPUT local "8 Nov 1984"
30,32c30,32
< This program is designed for use with the 0.5 Beta and newer
< versions of MacTerminal, but includes a compatibility option for the
< older -0.15X Almost-Alpha version.
---
> This program is designed for use with the 1.1 Release
> version of MacTerminal, but includes a compatibility option for the
> old -0.15X Almost-Alpha version.
46c46
< sends three files to the mac:
---
> sends three unix files to the Mac:
51c51,55
< This is useful for returning files to the mac which were stored
---
> These specify the three parts of one Mac file:  the .data file
> becomes the data fork, the .rsrc file becomes the resource fork,
> and the .info file specifies the sizes of the two forks, as well
> as the file name, file type, creation date, and other information.
> This is useful for returning files to the Mac which were stored
117,118c121,122
< Doesn't work over flow controlled communication lines,
< or when using rlogin.
---
> The modem7 protocol will not work over flow controlled communication lines,
> some terminal concentrators, or when using rlogin.
122a127,132
> .PP
> MacTerminal Beta versions 0.5 and 0.9 incorrectly calculate record checksums
> under certain circumstances, preventing some files from being successfully
> transfered; this bug has been fixed in the released version 1.1.
> This program is otherwise compatible with all versions of MacTerminal
> since 0.5 (and -0.15X by using the -o option).
+ diff macget.1- macget.1
1c1
< .TH MACGET local "31 July 1984"
---
> .TH MACGET local "8 Nov 1984"
15,17c15,17
< This program is designed for use with the 0.5 Beta and newer
< versions of MacTerminal, but includes a compatibility option for the
< older -0.15X Almost-Alpha version.
---
> This program is designed for use with the 1.1 Release
> version of MacTerminal, but includes a compatibility option for the
> old -0.15X Almost-Alpha version.
37c37
< receives three files from the Mac:
---
> creates three unix files from the received Mac file:
83,84c83,90