[fa.info-mac] Mackermit connect mode

info-mac@uw-beaver (info-mac) (11/21/84)

From: Jyh-Jye Yeh <YEH@SU-SIERRA.ARPA>
The MacKermit I got from <info-mac> does not seem to be able to dial my Apple
modem for some reason. I had it to work for the first time I got it and
transfer a file to my Mac. But from the second time on, MacKermit does not
send out any command to the modem although MacKermit seems to know that modem
is there.
	Does anyone know how to do with this? (Or, I got a bad version of
Mackermit)

J. J. Yeh
Yeh@su-sierra.arpa
-------

info-mac@uw-beaver (info-mac) (11/22/84)

From: Jyh-Jye Yeh <YEH@SU-SIERRA.ARPA>
I found what is wrong with MacKermit connect mode in dialing out at 1200 baud.
I have to choose 9600 baud at first and then choose 1200 baud in the control
options in order to link to Apple modem. If I don't point to 9600 baud and click
it, but fix at 1200 baud, then MacKermit won't send out commands to the modem.
This is not a major problem since I know how to get around with it already. The
other problem is that "backspace" dose not seem to work neither when I try to
dial out nor when I am talking to the host computer. Also, Emacs can not work
via MacKermit because the mode line is at the top instead of the bottom

J.J. Yeh
yeh@su-sierra.arpa
-------

jimb@amd.UUCP (Jim Budler) (11/28/84)

In article <> info-mac@uw-beaver (info-mac) writes:
>From: Jyh-Jye Yeh <YEH@SU-SIERRA.ARPA>
>The MacKermit I got from <info-mac> does not seem to be able to dial my Apple
>modem for some reason. I had it to work for the first time I got it and
>transfer a file to my Mac. But from the second time on, MacKermit does not
>send out any command to the modem although MacKermit seems to know that modem
>is there.
>	Does anyone know how to do with this? (Or, I got a bad version of
>Mackermit)
>
>J. J. Yeh
>Yeh@su-sierra.arpa
>-------
I had to set the DTR switch on my modem to ignore the DTR line as it
doesn't listen if this is not high.  Then I went ahead and typed
ATDTphone-number.  It worked.  What terminal does it emulate? A vt52
like the IBM kermit?
--
 Jim Budler
 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.