[fa.info-mac] more desk accessories

info-mac@uw-beaver (info-mac) (11/14/84)

From: Gustavo Fernandez <FERNANDEZ@SU-SCORE.ARPA>
I had heared of the remap keyboard desk accessory but the copy that a friend
had would crash the system. If someone could put it up on INFO-MAC, it would
be greatly appreciated.
     I talked to Any Hertzfeld last night and he said to watch out about some
of the older D.A's from pre-release systems. Certain conventions have changed.
I will thus not release the monkey pending further technical (and legal)
investigation. It does tend to crash a lot.
    If andyone has seen any other desk accessories, send me mail.
							Gus Fernandez
							FERNANDEZ@SCORE
-------

info-mac@uw-beaver (info-mac) (11/26/84)

From: Gustavo Fernandez <FERNANDEZ@SU-SCORE.ARPA>
Recently, I have acquired three new desk accessories to my collection.

Magnifying glass. (tracks the mouse with a FATBITS window)
MockTerminal. (Small terminal D.A. Seems to do everything it should including
 	text file capture
Corvus Calendar. (a small primitive calendar.)

I want to collect as many as possible before releasing anything withing the
next few weeks. Any help is appreciated.

Somewhere, I seem to remember a D.A. that solved the tower of hanoi problem
for up to 64 disks. Does anyone know where that came from if I indeed sae it
running on a Mac?

							Gus Fernandesz
-------

info-mac@uw-beaver (info-mac) (11/27/84)

From: Tom Garvey <Garvey@SRI-AI.ARPA>
Gee, a DA that solves the Tower of Hanoi problem for 64 disks would be
fairly impressive.  As I recall, the number of "disk swaps" required
to solve the Tower of Hanoi for n disks is 2^n-1.  This comes out to
about (rounding off) 8x10^18 -- with a 7.8 MHz clock, it should take
about ... years (left as an exercise for the reader).  Also, isn't the
world supposed to come to an end when the problem is completed?

Cheers,
Tom
-------

info-mac@uw-beaver (info-mac) (11/27/84)

From: Gustavo Fernandez <FERNANDEZ@SU-SCORE.ARPA>
I never said it would COMPLETE the tower of hanoi for 64 disks. The algorithm, however, will solve for N disks in linear (stack) space so it will at least
attempt a completion.
			Gus
-------

scott@normac.UUCP (Scott Bryan) (12/02/84)

In article <> info-mac@uw-beaver (info-mac) writes:
>From: Gustavo Fernandez <FERNANDEZ@SU-SCORE.ARPA>
>Recently, I have acquired three new desk accessories to my collection.
>
>Magnifying glass. (tracks the mouse with a FATBITS window)
>MockTerminal. (Small terminal D.A. Seems to do everything it should including
> 	text file capture

PLEASE- Let the net know where you got the magnifying glass!!!
Also the terminal!!

Anyone else have any desk accesories that they could post or inform us
as to where they could be purchased; this would be much appreciated.

Scott Bryan

ps- Thanks in advance!