[fa.info-mac] MacAdvantage editor

info-mac@uw-beaver (01/05/85)

From: <bang!crash!bwebster@Nosc>

Rick -
  the beta version I had looked as though it had been taken from the
assembler with few mods; the TRANSFER menu was still there, though all
of the options were disabled.  The editor in the release version is a
lot nicer.  Yes, indeed, it was written by Bill Duvall of Consulair;
the version date is 28/Oct/84.  I also agree that SofTech can't really
take the credit for the editor (except, of course, for having the good
sense to go out and get a decent one), but the same can be said about
Apple, Hayden, and some of the other Mac software houses.  And, yes, the
people at Modula Corp tell me that their editor has also been licensed
via Apple, so I imagine it will look very much like the MacAdvantage
editor.
						..bruce..

Date: Thu 3 Jan 85 22:13:07-PST
From: Richard Furuta <Furuta@WASHINGTON.ARPA>
Subject: Re: MacAdvantage editor
To: bang!crash!bwebster@NOSC.ARPA
cc: Furuta@WASHINGTON.ARPA, info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA

I have only seen the betas of this editor.  I was impressed by
them---Bill Duvall of Consulair has written a very servicable general
purpose program editor.  I think that It would be quite nice if Apple
offered this editor as a separate product, unbundled from the various
compilers and available for not too many dollars, since it complements
much of the already released software such as MacTerminal.

					--Rick
-------