[fa.info-mac] Slooow MacWrite

info-mac@uw-beaver (01/24/85)

From: Bob Cralle <cralle@lll-crg>

   ----- Unsent message follows -----
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 85 21:24:58 pst
From: Bob Cralle <cralle>
To: ERice%pco@cisl
Subject: slooow MacWrite

Thanx for the tip. Originally this document came from another system.
I CATted it down. MacWrite asked if I wanted paragraphs or lines.
I thought answering "paragraphs" meant having just double returns for
paragraphs so that I could nicely have rt. justification. So I did
answer "paragraphs" but got LINES! I have removed 2/3rds of the extraneous
LF's. The last save was the 20 min. one. It is true there are lots of
short paragraphs--many one liners. Still why so long running in memory,
isn't CRLF a single character?

Thanx again--maybe APPLE has an answer. Which brings up an allied problem:
Why can't I FIND/CHANGE with a CR, NL or whatever to get rid of single CR's?
The answer is you can't type whatever is right, CR or NL in the FIND field.
If you cut a CR off of the CALCULATOR and PASTE it into the FIND field, you
get a system error. (You can so do with a TAB, however, and thus FIND all
TAB's in your document and replace if you wish.)
		Regards, Bob

ps: New record: 35min. to save today--c'mon APPLE.