[fa.info-mac] Installing Explor

info-mac@uw-beaver (02/04/85)

From: winkler@harvard.ARPA (Dan Winkler)

	From roy@nlm-vax Sat Feb  2 00:30:35 1985
	Date: Fri, 1 Feb 85 21:10:21 est
	From: roy@nlm-vax (Roy Standing)
	To: winkler@harvard
	Subject: explor DA posted for the Macintosh

	I downloaded the explor.c file you posted and extracted the BINHEX'd
	version of the Desk Accessory.  I noticed that it said resource fork,
	while all the other DAs I've seen are data forks.  In any case BINHEX
	converts it without error but I can not load it with Desk Accessory
	Mover (V1.4).  Could you please tell me or point me to instructions
	as to how to load your DA.  Alternatively, could you unload it with
	Desk Accessory Mover, convert it with BINHEX, and send a copy of
	that to me.  Your assistance would be most appreciated.

	Roy A. Standing   (roy@nlm-vax)
	National Library of Medicine
	  Lister Hill Center

When you have a desk accessory stored as a resource in a resource file as
you do here, use the resource mover or resource editor to paste it into the
system file.  It's unfortunate that the DAM stores DRVR resources in data
forks.  I don't see why it can't just store them as resources (which is what
they are) so it would be more compatible with the resource editor/mover.

Dan. (winkler@harvard)