[fa.info-mac] Macterminal transfers

info-mac@uw-beaver (02/04/85)

From: Tom Russell  <EN301034%BROWNVM.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA>

I have been trying to use Macterminal for Mac-to-Mac transfers for applications
and find that the icon of the aplication ends up as the generic hand icon.
The application functions properly, only the icon has been changed. I am using
the Macterminal and Xmodem settings in the file transfer dialog box.  If anyone
has information on this, I would appreciate it.
-Tom Russell
From: cornell!decvax!wanginst!vishniac@uw-beaver.arpa
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 85 08:01:23 est
To: decvax!bellcore!allegra!ulysses!mhuxr!mhuxj!houxm!vax135!cornell!uw-beaver!info-mac
Subject: Re: Macput

I haven't seen a version of macput that handles wild cards, but there
is a procedure called macsend that does, and invokes macput internally.
Alas, the author didn't write his name within the script, and I've
discarded the misc text from the original message.  Will the real
author please stand up?

A copy follows: [ Also its archived in <info-mac>macsend.sh -jma ]

#! /bin/sh
# Shellscript for transmitting groups of files to a Macintosh via macput.
# Invokes /bin/sh upon entry.
# Files with the extension .rsrc will be sent as resource files using
#	the -r option.
# Files with the extension .data will be sent as data files using
#	the -d option.
# All other files will be sent as text files using the -u option.
# This shellscript will ignore directories and files that are unreadable.
# Wildcards may be used.  Thus, to transmit all files beginning with
#	a capital letter, use "macsend [A-Z]*"
# Upon termination of the operation, the Macintosh bell will ring
#	three times.  This is your clue to leave the TV and get
#	back to work.
# Be sure that macput is in your path, otherwise the shellscript won't work!
#
mesg n
for f in $*
do
	if [ -f $f ]  && [ -r $f ]
	then
		case $f in
		*.data)
			echo " macput -d $f"
			macput -d $f
		;;
		*.rsrc)
			echo " macput -r $f"
			macput -r $f
		;;
		*)
			echo " macput -u $f"
			macput -u $f
		;;
		esac
	fi
done
echo
echo
echo
mesg y
------------------end of macsend--------------------------

Ephraim Vishniac
  [apollo, bbncca, cadmus, decvax, harvard, linus, masscomp]!wanginst!vishniac
  vishniac%Wang-Inst@Csnet-Relay

Date: Fri, 1 Feb 85 20:25:01 est
From: roy@nlm-vax (Roy Standing)
To: info-mac@sumex-aim
Subject: Multiple file upload

I am using MacTerminal V1.1.  I find it quite annoying to have to upload
files to my VAX one at a time (and manually to boot) through MACGET.
Does anyone know of/or have a way to tell MacTerminal to upload a
specified selection of files?  Alternatively, will any of the other
terminal emulator programs for the Mac allow this?

By the way, MACSEND takes care of the downloading side of things quite
nicely.

Please respond directly to me and I will summarize to the net.

Roy A. Standing        roy@nlm-vax
National Library of Medicine