[fa.info-mac] version 1.4 of XLISP

info-mac@uw-beaver (02/02/85)

From: John Mark Agosta <INFO-MAC-REQUEST@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA>

Date: Thu, 31 Jan 85 02:22:15 EST
From: winkler@harvard.ARPA (Dan Winkler)
To: info-mac@sumex
Subject: xlisp 1.4 documentation

Here is the documentation for xlisp version 1.4.  The interpreter itself
will follow in the next posting.

[ The documentation is is XLISP.DOC -jma]

------

Date: Thu, 31 Jan 85 02:23:09 EST
From: winkler@harvard.ARPA (Dan Winkler)
To: info-mac@sumex
Subject: xlisp version 1.4

Here it is, hot off the linker, xlisp version 1.4 for the Macintosh.

[ This file is stored in XLISP.HCX. The previous version of XLISP
  is now in XLISPOLD.. -jma ]

------

Date: Thu, 31 Jan 85 02:24:14 EST
From: winkler@harvard.ARPA (Dan Winkler)
To: info-mac@sumex
Subject: xlisp examples

Here are some example programs written for xlisp version 1.4.  The file
init.lsp is automatically loaded at run time.

[ The full set of sources is found in XLISP.EXP -jma ]

--------
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 85 21:21:32 EST
From: betz@harvard.ARPA (David Betz)
To: info-mac@sumex
Subject: XLISP author

Hi,
	I am David Betz, the author of XLISP.  Dan Winkler of Harvard has
gratiously arranged to get me an account with arpanet access so that
I can answer questions for XLISP users.  Please feel free to ask questions
and make suggestions.  I am interested in making XLISP a better package and
will seriously consider any suggestions.

	David Betz

-------
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 85 02:25:22 EST
From: winkler@harvard.ARPA (Dan Winkler)
To: info-mac@sumex
Subject: small xlisp

Xlisp has grown so much that there is not a lot of memory left on a 128k
Mac.  So here is smallxlisp -- a version of xlisp without support for
objects.

(This file must be converted with BinHex.Hex)
[ Find this file in XLISPTINY.HCX -jma ]

------
-------

info-mac@uw-beaver (02/04/85)

From: ihnp4!ihlpg!jcbood@uw-beaver.arpa

David,

I'm very much interested in XLISP on the MAC. I am thinking of writing an
editor in it. The only problem until now was (is?) that it is not possible
to load / save programs. This means that everything must be typed in each
time you want to execute a program.
My wishes for XLISP on the Mac would be:
- save / load option (MAC style - file menu)
- support of the MAC desk accessories
- in general; make XLISP a mac-lisp.

			Regards,
					Jaap Bood
					Bell Labs Naperville (ILL)

info-mac@uw-beaver (02/06/85)

From: cornell!packard!harvard!betz@uw-beaver.arpa

I'm working on a Mac version of XLISP that uses the Mac environment.  Until then
it is possible to save function definitions by writing them into a file.  The
definition of a function is stored as a lambda expression as the value of the
function name symbol.  All you need to do is open a file with 'openo' and
'print' the value of the symbol into the file and then close the file.  When
you want to load the function, just 'openi' the file, read the expression and
'
'setq' the symbol name to that value.  Obviously, you would want to write some
XLISP functions to do this for you.  Just place the definitions of those
functions in your 'init.lsp' file.

	David Betz