[net.sci] "new group..."

dobro@ulowell.UUCP (Chet Dobro) (03/17/86)

This is a formal request for a creation of soething along the lines of
"net.psi" to handle discussions of occult or parapsychological content.

I am a serious student of this field, and am interested in discussing this
topic. There are other people out there who like to dicsuss this topic.

Whenever it shows up on net.sci  (almost without exception) it is flamed.

There are two reasons for my suggeted title.
	1) The [obvious :-)] rebuff/parity of "net.sci"
	2) 'psi' - short for 'psionic'

Please respong (mail or post) on your oppions on this.

**** Oh powers that be  (aka Administration), hear our plea !!! ***

						humbly,
						Gryphon

carl@aoa.UUCP (Carl Witthoft) (03/18/86)

In article <242@ulowell.UUCP> dobro@ulowell.UUCP (Chet Dobro) writes:
>This is a formal request for a creation of soething along the lines of
>"net.psi" to handle discussions of occult or parapsychological content.
>I am a serious student of this field, and am interested in discussing this
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^         ^^^^^
Look , another oxymoron!
>Whenever it shows up on net.sci  (almost without exception) it is flamed.
                         ^^^^^^^
Or on net.physics, or net.med, or anywhere that is viewed by rational people.
Seems discussion of "occult" should be on net.religion ( :=) )
( Really, only kidding!!!! Don't flame! Ouch!)

Darwin's Dad ( Carl Witthoft @ Adaptive Optics Associates)
{decvax,linus,ihnp4,ima,wjh12,wanginst}!bbncca!aoa!carl
{wjh12,mit-vax}!biomed!aoa!carl
54 CambridgePark Drive, Cambridge,MA 02140
617-864-0201x356
"Selmer MarkVI, Otto Link 5*, and VanDoren Java Cut."

ethan@utastro.UUCP (Ethan Vishniac) (03/22/86)

Add my vote to net.psi.  I`m not likely to be a contributor, but it's
clear the psi enthusiasts need a home of their own.  It's also clear net.sci
shouldn't be it.

--
"Ma, I've been to another      Ethan Vishniac
 planet!"                      {charm,ut-sally,ut-ngp,noao}!utastro!ethan

install@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (03/28/86)

Add my vote for "net.psi".  Some people I regard as level-headed and non-
hysterical have had experiences they don't understand and would like to
understand.  My feeling is these folks would benefit from a place they could
relate their stories and thoughts, without too much expectation that they'll
get a lecture for their trouble.  These people don't get treated much like
people in some places...
				Kevin O'Gorman
				...{ihnp4,hjuxa}!wcom!kosman!install