[net.math.stat] sample: an educational program to teach about random sampling

perlman@wanginst.UUCP (Gary Perlman) (08/01/85)

Here is something for when classes start next month.

sample is an educational program for teaching about sampling distributions.
It lets you provide a distribution from which it will graphically display
the means of samples of sizes of your choice.

Posted to net.sources is the source code for sample and a mildly instructive
manual entry.  I think the program might be useful for an introductory
statistics course lab demonstration.  A demonstration shell script,
with some example distributions, are also included.
--
Gary Perlman  Wang Institute  Tyngsboro, MA 01879  (617) 649-9731
UUCP: decvax!wanginst!perlman             CSNET: perlman@wanginst

lsm@aluxp.UUCP (larry m. ) (08/07/85)

> Here is something for when classes start next month.
>
> sample is an educational program for teaching about sampling distributions.
> It lets you provide a distribution from which it will graphically display
> the means of samples of sizes of your choice.
>
> Posted to net.sources is the source code for sample and a mildly instructive
> manual entry.  I think the program might be useful for an introductory
> statistics course lab demonstration.  A demonstration shell script,
> with some example distributions, are also included.
> --
> Gary Perlman  Wang Institute  Tyngsboro, MA 01879  (617) 649-9731
> UUCP: decvax!wanginst!perlman             CSNET: perlman@wanginst

Does anyone have the source code for this?  I never saw it on net.sources.

                                            Larry M. @ at&t allentown pa
                                            aluxp!lsm