[net.tv.soaps] WMZ Guesses

alle@ihuxb.UUCP (Allen England) (05/08/85)

From ihnp4!pesnta!wjvax!karen Fri Apr 12 16:11:43 1985
From: karen@wjvax.UUCP (Karen Pline)

Thoughts - I think Linda stabbed Zach.  We have no idea as of yet whether
Zach died of stab wounds, was shot, etc.  But at least I think she inflicted
some injury on him.  Then she took what money was in the apartment and
used the plane ticket to get out of town.  But I think Palmer and Jasper saw
the body (and maybe killed Zach, or inflicted further injury together).

As of this moment, of course, we don't know if they'll find any money or
the plane ticket in the apartment.  But we do know which of the suspects could
not have committed the murder - Myra.  She never left the Manor, and she
was totally against taking that man's life.  Also, I don't think Ross is the
murderer, unless he left and came back.  He looked too startled, and the
murder weapon was still there.  Lastly, I don't think Andrew could have
murdered Zach.  I think he's agitated because he's worried about his Mom.
Like Linda said, he just doesn't have the imagination.  One more - Daisy.
She's the suspect, so she's obviously not the murderer.  But I think she'll
admit it because she thinks Nina killed Zach, and Daisy wants to protect her
daughter (sound familiar to those of you who saw Gen. Hosp. when Laura killed
David and Leslie took the rap for her and went to jail until Laura regained
her memory?).

But they didn't account for Tad, Cynthia, or Adam on today's show.
From ihnp4!houxm!vax135!cornell!uw-beaver!tektronix!reed!nsc-pdc!gas Thu Apr 11 12:00:34 1985
From: gas@nsc-pdc.UUCP (Gini Shevrin)

The contest doesn't end til May 20 or so.  It's going to be a long
drawn out mystery.  My money is on Linda.
From ihnp4!fortune!lowe Fri Apr 12 11:08:50 1985
From: lowe@fortune.UUCP (Aileen Lowe)

We both agree that Zach's future murderer will be none other then Sloan,
however, Linda will be arrested for it since she has her fingerprints
on the gun.  How unique, the butler did it!
Date: 15 Apr 85 11:43:21 CST (Mon)

I believe Linda is the culprit.
1) She thought she had found it all, money, a real lover, and a way
to get out of Pine Valley. She had to be totally devastated when Zach
told her that he was just using her, that nobody could love her.

2) She has a terrible temper, ex. the fight with Nina, and the looks
that she gave Andrew when he told her about his mother and Zach had to
hit a nerve.

3) I really don't beleive her character is going anywhere, and brings
very little if any to the show.

4) Sloane wouldn't kill Zach, I don't think he could bring himself to do
something like that. He probably thought Palmer had done something to
explain his wariness.

5) Palmer is too big of person on AMC to be quilty, so to is Daisy,
but she will probably be charged and confess because she will think
Nina did it.

I hope they don't drag it out too long, things tend to get boring, like
when Jenny's father was going to blow up the Martins. I thought it was
never going to happen.

From ihnp4!mhuxn!mhuxr!mhuxt!houxm!hou2b!halle Mon Apr 15 07:46:54 1985
From: halle@hou2b.UUCP (J.HALLE)

I'm betting on a "Murder on the Orient Express" situation.
I bet everyone took a stab at him.
>From sfwoo!lsw  Wed Apr 17 13:23:41 1985 remote from ihnp4

My vote is for Cynthia... I think Linda left without killing Zach, Ross
came in, fought with him and then knocked him out... Cynthia walked in
after Ross left and killed him since he was unconscious and the knife
was handy.  She may even have collected the Photos that she's been
giving Ross a hard time about just to cover herself... after all, why hasnt
the police found the photos yet?

	Lorraine Weisbrot
	attunix!lsw

>From maggie2 Thu Apr 18 09:33 CST 1985 remote from iwpbd
To: ihuxb!alle
Subject: Prediction

I've thought it over and decided that Linda couldn't have wouldn't
(oops! That's wounded) Zach because Ross hadn't been there yet
when she had the knife pointed at him.  I think Ross would have noticed
it if Zach was stabbed!  So I think I'm going to settle on Cynthia.
That's too bad - I really liked the idea of one person *thinking*
they killed him and someone else really doing it.  I suppose it
still could work out that way.

Marguerite Czajka
Newsgroups: net.tv.soaps
Subject: Re: AMC

					By the way......
					Cliff killed Zach.
					(And if he didn't, I would've)

					T W Modesitt
From: pearce@utcs.UUCP (Frank Pearce)
Newsgroups: net.tv.soaps
Subject: AMC murder

I think Benny killed Zach. If you recall, Donna went back to their apartment
and spilled her guts to Benny about how everything was her fault for not alerting
Pine Valley to what a despicable swine Zach was(gr). Benny calmed her down
and made her go rest in her room. He said that he wouldn't go in to work
that night but would stay in their apartment in case she needed him. Now-
being the do-gooder and all-around reasonable guy that he is, I am
convinced that while Donna was asleep he went over to Zach's to see if
he could make Zach leave town. Of course Zach just sneered at Benny
and probably said something pretty crude about Donna and/or the
Duchesse(Phoebe) provoking Benny into giving him a punch in the nose.
Zach must have picked up the knife he had wrestled from Linda before
throwing that cheap piece of baggage out, and gone after Benny with it.
In the struggle to avoid being hurt himself, Benny accidentally kills
Zach. He then goes home and pretends he was there all evening.
From: djr@brunix.UUCP (David Rosenzweig)
Newsgroups: net.tv.soaps
Subject: Re: Who Murdered Zach Contest

Many people are suspected of killing Zachary, and knowing soap
operas, surely the wrong person(s) will be arrested and tried.
The point is:

Who is immoral enough to let an innocent person take the rap?

The only possible answers are Cynthia Preston and Linda Warner.
I am quite certain that Cynthia did it!
From: allegra!rayssd!m1b (M. Joseph Barone)
To: rayssd!allegra!ihuxb!alle

Allen,

	My money is on Linda because of the argument she had with
Zach.  The last scene shows her nearly foaming at the mouth and holding
a nice big butcher knife.  Also, Zach had scratch marks on his face which,
to me, implies a struggle.  His stab wounds were in his chest so he saw
it coming.

	My wife believes that Cynthia did it.  My wife followed
very logical reasoning:  since Linda is the obvious suspect, it can't
be her!  With Daisy taking the rap, Cynthia is as happy as a clam.

Joe Barone,	{allegra, decvax!brunix, linus, ccice5}!rayssd!m1b
Raytheon Co,	Submarine Signal Div., Box 330, Portsmouth, RI  02871
From: noemi@rochester.UUCP (Noemi Berry)
Newsgroups: net.tv.soaps
Subject: Re: AMC MURDER!

>I'm betting on a "Murder on the Orient Express" situation.
>I bet everyone took a stab at him.

		Hear!  Hear!!

   Failing that, I'd have to go with Linda since she's not really
an important character anyway.  They couldn't send people like Palmer
or Cliff to jail.  (then maybe Sloane?  The Butler Did It!)
From: jws@dartvax.UUCP (John W. Scott)
Newsgroups: net.tv.soaps

I don't think that Sloane is a real candidate, as he would never let
Daisy take the rap.  (The same reasoning eliminates many candidates).
I wish it were Cinthia, but I fear we are in for more of her yet.  So
it does seem to boil down to Linda.  No great loss...

                      -John