[net.tv.soaps] AMC Tad/Dotty flame

m1b@rayssd.UUCP (M. Joseph Barone) (10/18/85)

	This is just a general flame about the Tad/Dotty/Barton/
Micky(sp)/et al (and I do mean et al after Wednesday's episode!)
plot.  We have been subjected (tortured really) with this plot
for at least 4 months and then they resolve it in the most ridicu-
lous manner (on Oct 16; Central Park scenes).  I leave it to
someone else to summarize the resolution.

	Why do the writers and/or Nixon always drag these plots
out over such long periods of time?  They start out interesting
but I find that I don't care what happens after the third month
of the same drivel!  Over such lengths of time, development is
so sluggish that it's boring.  Then they cheat us of a dramatic
conclusion!  My wife and I were actual embarassed to watch Wed-
nesday's program!

	I feel better now; thanks for listening. :-)

Joe Barone,	{allegra, decvax!brunix, linus, ccice5}!rayssd!m1b
Raytheon Co,	Submarine Signal Div., Box 330, Portsmouth, RI  02871

kurtzman@uscvax.UUCP (Stephen Kurtzman) (10/30/85)

In article <1168@rayssd.UUCP> m1b@rayssd.UUCP (M. Joseph Barone) writes:
>	Why do the writers and/or Nixon always drag these plots
>out over such long periods of time?  They start out interesting
>but I find that I don't care what happens after the third month
>of the same drivel!  Over such lengths of time, development is
>so sluggish that it's boring.  Then they cheat us of a dramatic
>conclusion!  My wife and I were actual embarassed to watch Wed-
>nesday's program!

Another question to ask is why did they have Tad and Dotty sleep together?
This was about the most ridiculous story twist they have had.

My wife and I have not missed more than 4 or 5 episodes of AMC for the last
6 years and we have noticed that the writing is degrading at a fairly
constant rate. The Tad/Dotty/who-cares plot is an example of one of the
worst story lines we have seen.

We have also watched with some amusement how children mature on the show.
For instance, Tad was aged about two years extra years between the time he
ran away and the time he came back. A similar aging has occurred with Dotty
and Emily Ann. These are inconsistencies that the writers must feel the
viewers will abide. However there are other inconsistencies that makes one
believe that the writers are ignorant of past story lines. For instance,
Nina recently came back to Cortlandt manor thinking she is 16. She did not
recognize her mother! When the Nina character was first introduced to the
show she constantly stared at a painting of her mother. Nina should have
recognized her and gotten terminally confused since at 16 she thought her
mother was dead.

Now for a few favorite quotes from past AMC episodes:

"I'm gonna get them Martins" - Ray Gardner

"What are you? A product of inbreeding?" - Linda Warner to Nina Cortlandt
Warner.

Devon McFadden: "Do you love me?"
Sean Cudahy: "Well, wadda ya think?"

9222wl@hou2a.UUCP (W.LEE) (11/04/85)

Now about Nina not recognizing Daisy/Monique:

If you remember when Monique returned to Pine Valley a few years ago,
she was introduced as a friend.  Her portrait showed her with shoulder-length
blond hair, while her then and current look is a short bob and reddish.  Nina
didn't recognize her then, either, so they are just reusing the plot line.
I don't like this Nina at all, and wish that Taylor Miller's contract with
Another World was up...

The Tad/Dotty line did drag on much too long.  Almost as long as the Jesse/Angie
one.

Diane Wilkerson
From the grounds of the Red Hill Facility, overlooking the Garden State
   Parkway (yum! what a view!)
..!{allegra,ihnp4}!hobcms!hopd4!dvw (Not the address in the header!!!!)