[ont.micro.mac] Slow Scroll

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (04/26/84)

Date: Sun 22 Apr 84 20:20:07-PST
From: Leslie Zatz <uw-beaver!ZATZ@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA>
Subject: Slow Scroll
To: INFO-MAC@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA

   As a novice on the MAC, I am surprised at how slowly it
scrolls thru a document and how slowly it refreshes the
screen during the process. It is slower than my old Z80
machine. Since thiss function does not require disc I/O
and should be able to take full advantage of
the 68000 chip, WHY?
-------

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (04/26/84)

Date: Wed 25 Apr 84 01:10:24-MST
From: John W. Peterson <uw-beaver!JW-Peterson@UTAH-20.ARPA>
Subject: Re: Slow Scroll
To: ZATZ@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA
Cc: INFO-MAC@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA, JW-Peterson@UTAH-20.ARPA

Lots of people seem to miss that clicking the gray area on the scroll bar
between the white box and the arrow moves through the document a window
full at a time.  This is often the fastest way to move around.

[Z80's can push character displays quickly, but they are terrible at moving
bitmaps.  A Scion MicroAngelo can barely keep up at 2400 baud...]
-------