[ont.micro.mac] Poor Man's LAN

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (04/27/84)

Date: 25 April 1984 08:57 GMT
From: uw-beaver!byard@dca-eur
Subject: Poor Man's LAN
To: info-mac@sumex

Date: 25 Apr 1984 08:24:02 Z
Text: Does anyone have the latest on Apple Bus for the Lisa 2 and Mac?
I have a bunch of machines on order.  Very soon after I get them, in a
month or so, I want to set-up a "poor man's" local area network to
connect our Lisa 2/10's, Macs, and Imagewriters together and to an
LSI 11/23 ARPANET/MILNET mail host.  A possible alternative, if it
will be available sooner(?) for the Lisa and Mac, would be the Corvus
Omninet.  From what little (very) I know the Apple Bus and Omninet
are simlar in that both us the RS-422 interface and twisted pairs at the
physical level; however, the Omninet runs much faster (1 Mhz) and can handle
twice the number of stations (64).  Would appreciate any info on either LAN.
Larry