[ont.micro.mac] MacTEP1.81

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (04/28/84)

Date: Friday, 27 April 1984 02:15:42 EST
From: uw-beaver!Thomas.Newton@cmu-cs-spice.arpa
To: info-mac@sumex-aim.arpa
Subject: Re: MacTEP1.81

If you want to avoid the half-height vertical bar, resize/move the window
BEFORE you press the return key to enter the baud rate.  This works because
the program doesn't set up the special cursor until you answer that question.

The program doesn't really need a CLEAR ,25000.  A much smaller value (such
as 20000) will work just as fine.  (In fact, the author posted a message on
Compuserve saying that he simply grabbed the maximum amount of memory rather
than stopping to figure out how much the program actually needed).

Even with an overlay for autodialing phone numbers and extra code to make the
OPTION key act like a CTRL key, the modified version I am using now requires
only a CLEAR ,22000 (somewhere in that range).  Of course, MS-BASIC can't run
a program this big when you double-click its icon, so I have a second program
which does the CLEAR and runs the first program ... sigh.

                                        -- tdn