[ont.micro.mac] This is not an Apple account

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (05/08/84)

Date: Sun 6 May 84 15:44:50-PDT
From: uw-beaver!ERIK@SRI-AI.ARPA
Subject: This is not an Apple account
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA
Cc: Erik@SRI-AI.ARPA

Although I have on occasion answered questions about Mac and Apple, this
is NOT an Apple mailbox.  I'll take bug reports but can't answer any more
questions.  Mail of personal interest is always welcome, however.

Thanks
Bruce
(Erik@SRI-AI)
-------

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (05/08/84)

Date: 7 May 1984 23:38-EDT
From: Tim McNerney <uw-beaver!TIM@MIT-MC>
To: ERIK@SRI-AI
Cc: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM

Thank you for the time you have spent answering questions, taking bug
reports, and playing go-between for Apple, but since it not your job,
there should really be an "official" Apple mailbox and a person whose
job it is to monitor this list and pass on useful info when possible.
I noticed that you often forward mail from Apple people.  This service
has also been much appreciated, but shouldn't there be a way for them
to "speak for themselves"?

I am not proposing that Apple start giving away lots of free technical
advice, but this list has potential for providing a wonderful two-way
exchange medium between Apple and a lot of very bright MacHackers
("hacker" in the positive sense, of course).

	Tim McNerney
	<TIM at MIT-MC.ARPA>