[ont.micro.mac] MacTerminal bugs?

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (05/11/84)

Date: 9 May 1984 23:45:17-EDT
From: uw-beaver!Avadis.Tevanian@CMU-CS-SPICE
Subject: MacTerminal bugs?
To: utcsrgv!peterr
To: microsof!infomac

I've been using MacTerminal (alpha minus something), and have a couple of
questions...  First, previous mailings to this list have indicated support
for insert character.  What is the escape sequence for this... the vt200
escape sequence of

	<ESC> [ <n> @

almost works, but not quite.

Second, how is the file transfer stuff supposed to work?  In fact, does it
work?

Third, there seems to be a very minor bug in the cursor control.  If you do
something in a dialog box, then there is a chance that MacTerminal will
leave a stray cursor in its current position.  As near as I can figure, you
pull down a menu when the cursor is either on or off, this stops it from
blinking.  Then when you are done with the dialog box, the program is
confused as to whether the cursor is really on or off.  Assuming that the
cursor is drawn using an XOR operation, it can potentially leave the
character inverted.

	Avie