[ont.micro.mac] How well is the Mac selling?

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (05/12/84)

Date: Fri 11 May 84 02:01:17-PDT
From: Richard Furuta <uw-beaver!Furuta@LOCAL>
Subject: How well is the Mac selling?
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA
Cc: Furuta@LOCAL

TV news this evening reports that Apple has sold 70,000 MacIntoshes since
their introduction.  The report is that this makes it the fastest selling
Personal Computer in history.  Does anyone have any details on this---how
much of this is Consortium business, how long are waits these days for
Consortium and private business deliveries, at what kind of rate is Apple
now manufacturing them, etc.

Thanks for any information.

					--Rick
-------

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (05/13/84)

Date: 12 May 1984 09:20:46-EDT
From: uw-beaver!David.Anderson@CMU-CS-G
Subject: Re: How well is the Mac selling?
To: utcsrgv!peterr
To: microsof!infomac

CMU has received about 500 Macs to date.  If that is average among the
24 Consortium schools, which I doubt, that makes 12,000 sales at $1000.
I'd be more inclined to put the figure at 5,000-6,000, but I don't know.

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (05/15/84)

Date: 12 May 84 14:32 EDT
From: Richard Reich <uw-beaver!REICH@NYU-ACF1.ARPA>
To: INFO-MAC@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA, Furuta@LOCAL
	Message of 11-MAY-1984 14:30 from Richard Furuta <Furuta@WASHINGTON.ARPA>

The first place I saw the 70,000 sales figure was current Fortune.
I don't know what it means exactly, but 47th Street Photo in NYC now
has Macs IN STOCK at $2300 and they have MILLIONS of Apple modems also,
which I have seen nowhere else in NYC as yet.
-r

-------