[ont.micro.mac] SOFTWARE!!

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (05/16/84)

Date: Tue, 15 May 84 08:21:27 CDT
From: Don Johnson <uw-beaver!dhj@rice.ARPA>
To: info-mac@sumex-aim.ARPA
Subject: SOFTWARE!!

For those who want software:

Just thought I would inform you guys that dealers should have demo versions
of MacDraw, MacProject, and MacPascal RIGHT NOW. As a consortium university,
we are considered a dealer and got ours in the mail yesterday.

Included in the shipment was the new Finder, MacWrite, and MacPaint. All seem
to work AND there are 10-point fonts in both Geneva, New York, and Geneva. I
would add that 20-point fonts are also included, but that write/paint does
not let you use that point size directly. Also included, but not in the
system resources (in the 'Fonts' file), is the Cairo font.
It has NO characters as such, consisting only of graphics 'things'. I will
let some energetic youngster type in descriptions of them for info-mac (ever
wanted a fried egg in your text for emphasis?).

Some of the font errors mentioned by Axler have been fixed. The Finder does
take fewer swaps than before (I copied a small file last night in ONE swap).

	Don Johnson
	Rice University

P.S. Ya should have been at the 100-day-since-Macintosh-announcement party
at Apple on May 4. It was GREAT!! In a Wall Street Journal ad placed that
day, Apple announced 100 day sales of 72,000. Hence publication in the
press of the 'ballpark' number of 70,000.