[ont.micro.mac] Advice sought re Lisa II

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (05/19/84)

Date: Thu 17 May 84 17:25:34-PDT
From: Sam Hahn <uw-beaver!SHahn@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA>
Subject: Advice sought re Lisa II
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA

Can anyone who knows please answer this:

How compatible with the Macintosh software is the Macworks OS that runs on
the Lisas?  How much does the different screen handling affect pictures
benerated on one and seen on the other?  Is aspect ratio adjusted within the
Lisa/Macworks, or do pictures look funny?  How much of the Macintosh tools
is available in Macworks?  Do the keyboards differ, or differ enough to
cause problems in certain places?  Does Macworks run concurrent processes
in the Lisa's 512k?  If not, why not, since I just read it was structured to
do so.  Does Macworks allow hooks into the Lisa OS?

It might be evident that I'm thinking of the Lisa II instead of buying
a Macintosh, mostly because of the probably shorter order time, and
also because that once the Mac gets 512k, it should be pretty close to
the price of a Lisa II w/o hard disk.

		looking for advice,	-- sam [shahn@sumex,samuel@score]
-------