[ont.micro.mac] Imagewriter ribbons

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (05/18/84)

Date: Wed 16 May 84 22:06:19-MDT
From: Randy Frank <uw-beaver!FRANK@UTAH-20.ARPA>
Subject: imagewriter ribbons
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA

we've had no luck getting new ribbons for Imagewriters from Apple (we've
had similarly little luck getting enough floppies, but at least we can
now get equivalent floppies from Memorex).  Has anyone found another
source for ribbons?  If so, do you have a vendor and/or distributor name
and part number?
-------

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (05/19/84)

Date: 18 May 1984  7:29:02 MDT (Friday)
From: Harry McCaffrey  PR-C <uw-beaver!hmccaffr@wsmr02>
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA
Cc: hmccaffr@wsmr02

Concerning  Randy Frank's query on ribbons for the Imagewriter.  I was
able to obtain ribbons from my local CTA store here in Las Cruces, NM.
However  beware, there are at  least  two  ribbons  available  at  the
current  time.   I almost bought the Apple version at approx. $10.90 a
ribbon.  There is also a C. Itoh version available (remember that  the
Imagewriter  is  a modified C. Itoh) at about $8.90.  Don't hold me to
the prices, but they are in the  ballpark.  Granted, both  prices  are
rip-offs,  and  we  certainly need some third parties dealing in these
consumables, however they appear to be the only ones available at this
time.  The only number on the ribbon  I  bought  is  2248  (on  a  tag
affixed   to   the   plastic  bag).   Locally,  Team  Electronics  and
Computerland are also dealing in Macs so they may stock ribbons.  Team
does have the Mac T-shirt.

H.C. McCaffrey
WSMR

info-mac@utcsrgv.UUCP (info-mac) (05/19/84)

Date: 18 May 1984 0732-PDT
From: uw-beaver!CAULKINS@USC-ECL.ARPA
To: info-mac@SUMEX-AIM

They are certainly in short supply; The ribbon I got with my Imagewriter
began to die after about 90 days of moderate use.  Took me a week and lots
of phone calls to locate a ribbon.  I ha the store hold it for me, and
picked it up the same day.  When I got there I tried to buy 2, and they
said no; they were saving "the other one" for their own Imagewriter.

Particulars:

It is a cloth ribbon; the box says:

Ribbon Cassette
CLABK-12802
BLACK

No manufacturer given; just says "made in Japan".

The Apple part number seems to be AZM0077; I paid $10.95 for it.

Dave C
-------